I’m a second-year PhD student in Computer Science at the Crowd Intelligence Lab at Virginia Tech, where I’m advised by Dr. Kurt Luther. I received my BE in Computer Science from PES University (Electronic City) under the guidance of Dr. Snehanshu Saha.
My research interests lie at the intersection of human-computer interaction, design, and sensemaking, where I study and build real-time crowdsourcing systems to augment expert investigators’ work practices and scale up their expertise.
I ‘m currently looking for a HCI/UX research internship for Summer 2019. If you’d like to reach out to chat more about this, feel free to email me at sukrit[at]vt.edu.
- December 2018: An essay I co-authored with Amy Zhang was published by RTI Press.
- November 3-7, 2018: Attending CSCW 2018 as a Student Volunteer and presenting a paper at the Rural Computing Workshop
- October 4, 2018: Selected as a Graduate Student Fellow to attend the Rita Allen Misinformation Solutions Forum in DC.
- June 24-30, 2018: Attended HCIC 2018 on AI + HCI where I presented a poster on my current work.
- June 1, 2018: Moved to the VT Research Center in Arlington, VA.
- April 18-29, 2018: Attended CHI 2018 as a Student Volunteer, my first conference!
- March 28, 2018: Presented my work from last semester at VT GSARS.
- March 1-2, 2018: Helped organize the VT Systems of Truth Workshop and presented a poster.
- January 16, 2018: I’m TA-ing for CS2505: Computer Organization I.
- August 28, 2017: I’m TA-ing for CS2506: Computer Organization II.
- August 10, 2017: Joined the Crowd Intelligence Lab at Virginia Tech.
- Patchwork: A Social Media Site that Promotes Positive Social Interaction September 13, 2018
- Usability Evaluation and Redesign of Blacksburg Transit iOS Application September 13, 2018
- CHI 2018: Reflections on Being a Student Volunteer July 10, 2018
- HCIC 2018 Reflection July 6, 2018